This section provides the context and the key information that underpin the work of the Safeguarding Adults Board and all partners agencies who work with adults and carers.
It includes three chapters taken from the Care and Support Statutory Guidance, Department of Health and Social Care. These chapters are about the responsibilities of the local authority, but the principles of promoting wellbeing, preventing, reducing or delaying needs and providing information and advice are relevant to all agencies.
- 1.1 Safeguarding: What is it and Why does it Matter?
- 1.2 Care Act 2014
- 1.3 Promoting Wellbeing
- 1.4 Preventing, Reducing or Delaying Needs
- 1.5 Information and Advice
- 1.6 Categories of Abuse and Neglect
- 1.7 Responding to Signs of Abuse and Neglect is Everybody’s Business
- 1.8 Adults in Specific Circumstances
- 1.9 Preventing Abuse and Neglect
- 1.10 Making Safeguarding Personal
- 1.11 Independent Advocacy
- 1.12 Delegating Local Authority Functions
- 1.13 Care and Support Planning
- 1.14 Managing Risk
- 1.15 Data Protection 2018
- 1.16 Equality, Diversity and Human Rights in a Safeguarding Context
- 1.17 Dignity, Compassion and Respect